Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cars and love

4 days sober: (This feels like such an accomplishment right now! Hard to believe I once had 47 days of sobriety...)

Today was...interesting. It was great, and I got a lot done on my car as well as on goals, but I also got pretty frustrated too. I am in the middle of starting a company and I was a little unclear on some of the details, and I also had some pretty interesting dreams last night.

I'm gonna start with what is related to the dreams. Yesterday I finished off the day by watching Failure to Launch and at the end had the overwhelming desire to be with my girlfriend again. The only problem was that I also was harboring (and still am) some resentment against her for not changing right away and showing me the love that she says she has. At the end of Failure to Launch the girl in the movie is really cute, flirty, and fun...and seeing that made me want that in my life. Ya know...the kind of girl that would chase after me if I ever started to leave. The kind of girl that would be willing to do anything for me. Maybe I have the desire to have a girl like that because I know that I am not that way and want to be for a girl? I just don't know. Anyway...today I was resenting my girlfriend for going on a mission and not for being here trying to fix the 'not loving me enough' problem that I had before she left.

Now onto the frustration stemming from starting a company. I am working with another partner on this project. He is writing all of the documents for the company and I am creating the website. There are certain requirements, products, and aspects that are involved in this. I have NO clue how to build websites...and I'm tackling this! Ha ha, yeah, I'm insane...I know! That's part of Steps 1 and 2...right? Of course I am! Anyway, I was unclear on some things, don't know how to do some others (I haven't been willing to take the time to really learn all the aspects of the things I don't know), and was just getting VERY frustrated. So, I took some time to hash out some details that I didn't know as well as set some goals for this month. Very relaxing! I also committed myself to really sit down and read what I need to!

The cars part of the title comes from the part of my day where I fixed my car! I drove today for the first time in 14 1/2 weeks! Yay!!
This is not my car...but I would love to work on an old car such as this!

I read part of The Power of Habit again today...such an amazing book! I will blog about cravings and key habits tomorrow!

This is my daily check in and this is my daily experience! I pray for another 24 hours!

-Grateful and Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment