Monday, March 18, 2013

Pushing the Line

In SA we do our best to be totally honest, so here goes.  A couple of days ago I was in my apartment all alone and I had the brilliant idea of jumping online to just "surf" around.  I think I knew exactly what I was meaning/wanting to do, but I wasn't willing to admit it to myself.  So, I was going to different sites that I normally frequent when I had an idea to visit one of the sites that usually sets me up for acting out.  I acted on that thought, and while I didn't end up acting out or breaking my sobriety, I did have a very close call and it brought back way too many memories and thoughts.  I guess my thoughts today are how even starting down the path is so dangerous! I am so grateful for the protection that I felt from God as I flirted with the line, and now I have strengthened my resolve to never go that close to the line again.

-Another 24

No comments:

Post a Comment